Lifehouse Deaf School Building Project - Obala, Cameroon
- In 2011 Lifehouse left it's rented housing due to lost funding. A few months later, land was purchased with the help of Friends of the Deaf International.
- 2012-2013 the land was cleared and two small classrooms were built. Even though the facilities were not completed school began because the need is so great for the deaf to learn to communicate.
- In March of 2014 land was prepared and a foundation laid for the construction of a 30' x 60' two floored dormitory for students and staff.
- 2015 the first floor of the building was begun.
- 2016: The first floor is near completion and already in use by the students and staff.
- Projects completed in 2016
Electric run to property and buildings.
Well put in by NGO from Zurich Freezer purchased.
50 chairs and dining room tables purchased
Sewing machines purchased for vocational training
- Projects for 2017
Raise 30,000 to finish second floor. (Must raise 15,000 by July 1st and will recieve matching funds)